Published Date 12/28/16 11:56 AM
The Editorial Board of Ecologia Balkanica is implementing some new requirements for all new manuscript submissions from January 1st 2017 as follows:
1. All manuscripts must be accompanied with fully filled cover letter, which can be found for download on our site. The cover letter must be signed by all participating authors! Three independent reviewers, experts in the field of the study, must be suggested, but you cannot suggest colleagues from the same institution (department, faculty) as the authors of the paper.
2. DOI (Digital Object Identifier) numbers for all cited electronic references (journal articles, conference proceedings, books) are required for those references, which have DOI.
3. Sattelite photos (especially from Google Earth) are no longer acceptable for maps of the studied region. Instead use some kind of GIS software (properly cited in the Material and Methods section) for the preparation of the maps, or use other indicative or topographical maps.
4. Unpublished theses (BSc, MSc, PhD, DSc) are not considered officially published scientific literary sources, therefore from January 2015, are no longer allowed as valid citations. If you absolutely must cite such a sourse, cite it as "personal communication".
5. In studies, where injuries or death of animals is caused, by the used methods, ehen alternative non-harming techniques exist, but were not used, the manuscripts may not be considered for publication.
Please refer and check our Instructions for authors before submitting a manuscript.